Learning about the world around us and how each of us are connected to each other is of increasing importance. It can be difficult to wade through the endless information online and hard to know what is really important. We want to simplify this a bit.
Check out these resources for more information on what it means to be a global citizen.
- We are all global citizens whether we recognize it or not. Every single day we participate in process that have global implications and yet it can be difficult to grasp what being a good 'global citizen' really means! The Global Hive brings together ideas and resources so we can better engage our friends and community on global issues.
- Gender justice is integral to the development of healthy societies. Oxfam Canada has put together some great resources on gender equality, leadership, economic empowerment and ending violence against women.
- November 25th - December 10th marks the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence Campaign. The campaign is used as an organizing strategy to raise awareness, support local groups, and pressure government to pay attention to the many issues that arise as a result of gender-based violence. The Center for Women's Global Leadership maintain a website about the campaign as well as a blog featuring the voices of activists speaking out about gender-based violence. Both are excellent resources!
- Being familiar with your human rights is important for everyone. When is the last time you took a look at the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
- The Centre for Social Justice conducts research, education and advocacy on issues of equality and democracy.